Custom-made furniture – Small kitchen furniture – Mudroom furniture
A small-sized apartment should never be seen as an impediment when it comes to designing a comfortable and welcoming space. Decorating small-sized rooms requires efficient organizing capacities, light shades, mirrors and adequate lighting systems. All these elements create the illusion of a larger space. Thus, the mudroom in this apartment was turned into a well-organized room providing generous storage spaces. The grey-coated MDF furniture items are accessorized with Viefe golden handles while the showcase is made of wood-textured PAL.
Relying on thorough planning, a small kitchen will become a functional and welcoming space. The main aspects to consider while decorating a narrow, small kitchen are:
- Furniture configuration must be designed so as to provide sufficient work space and storage spaces. In this case, the two-sides placed furniture allows for movement space and each component is easily reached.
- In order to turn the space into a more luminous and seemingly larger area, we will not crowd the kitchen with useless details and we will maintain a simple design line and light shading.
- Thus, for this project we combined grey-coated MDF fronts with a heat-resistant wood-textured countertop and aluminum backsplash plinth.
- The lighting fixtures and the light-reflecting materials are, also, amongst the elements that help consolidate the illusion of a larger area. The LED strip lighting clearly improves the look of the furniture and increases visibility in the work area.
- In a small kitchen apartment, placing the fridge in the mudroom is very common as a design choice. In order to maintain a unitary and elegant style, choosing an integrated fridge is the ideal solution.